St. Albert Minor Hockey Association is a not-for-profit organization the operates with the support of a volunteer Board of Directors and paid staff members. As one of the largest associations in Alberta, SAMHA welcomes over 1400 players to the ice each season. We are committed to providing a full range of hockey programs for all players in our community and ensuring they have a positive experience in hockey.
SAMHA is seeking a reliable full-time Administrator to join our team.
The successful candidate will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and have well-developed interpersonal, communication, and customer relationship skills.
- Review, evaluate and implement new administrative procedures
- Provide support to members, coaches, and volunteers over the phone, by email and in-person
- Establish work priorities and ensure procedures are followed and deadlines are met
- Carry out administrative activities of SAMHA
- Co-ordinate office services such as equipment, supplies, and maintenance
- Oversee and co-ordinate SAMHA meetings
What kind of candidate are we looking for?
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to exercise discretion, good judgement, and solid decision-making
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to interact with staff, volunteers the general public
- Experience working for a not-for-profit, or within sports administration is preferred
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft 365, including Microsoft Teams and WordPress
- Ability to create and manage Social Media and website content
- High school diploma; Diploma/Certificate or Degree in office administration or a relevant field is considered an asset
The position requires time flexibility; occasional weekends and evenings.
This is a full-time position. Hours will vary throughout the year and peak in August and September. The position is classified as hybrid, work from home (80%) and office (20%).
Application Deadline: October 18th, 2021
Please submit resume and cover letter to Jane Sedo, at email@example.com