U15 AA Head Coach
The Raiders Hockey Club is accepting applications for the volunteer position of Head Coach for the U15 AA for the 2022/2023 season. This is position has a paid monthly honorarium.
The Raiders Hockey Club is looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated person to work with a group of young athletes to foster good sportsmanship, work ethic, skill development and healthy competition. The candidate should have demonstrated coaching experience, knowledge of the U15 age group needs and requirements, demonstrated hockey knowledge, and ability to travel with the team when required.
The U15 AA Head Coach must have, or be able to achieve the following qualifications and certifications:
- Development 1
- Respect in Sport (Activity Leader)
- Checking Skills
- VSC (Vulnerable Sector Check)
Volunteer acknowledges that he/she will maintain valid and up to date certification at all times.
The roles and responsibilities of the volunteer position include:
- Coaches will need to have the availability to organize, plan and attend practice and skills sessions during the day.
- Work with the Raiders Hockey Club Coaching Development personnel throughout the season
- Prepare for and attend all home and away games, including out-of-province games/tournaments.
- Develop and attend off-ice workouts and other team functions.
- Select qualified assistant coaches, team manager, and other team personnel as needed.
- Attend Raiders Hockey Club coach meetings as required.
- Liaison with other Raiders Hockey Club coaches in the Association to develop long term program development.
St. Albert Minor Hockey Association is an equal opportunity organization. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all coaches. If you are interested in this volunteer role, please complete the coach application form prior to June 30th.
Only those being considered for the volunteer position will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you - VP Raiders Hockey Club