U13 AA Head Coach
The Raiders Hockey program is accepting applications for the volunteer position of Head Coach for the U13 AA for the 2022/2023 season.
The Raiders Hockey program is looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated person to work with a group of young athletes to foster good sportsmanship, work ethic, skill development and healthy competition. The candidate should have demonstrated coaching experience, knowledge of the U13 age group needs and requirements, demonstrated hockey knowledge, and the ability to travel with the team when required.
The U13 AA Head Coach must have or be able to achieve the following qualifications and certifications:
- Development 1
- Respect in Sport (Activity Leader)
- Checking Skills
- VSC (Vulnerable Sector Check)
The volunteer will acknowledge that they will maintain valid, and up-to-date certification at all times.
The roles and responsibilities of the volunteer position include:
- Coaches will need to have the availability to organize, plan and attend practice and skills sessions
- Work with the Raiders Hockey Coaching Development personnel throughout the season
- Prepare for and attend all home and away games, including out-of-province games/tournaments.
- Attend off-ice workouts and other team functions.
- Select qualified assistant coaches, team manager, and other team personnel as needed.
- Attend Raiders Hockey program coach meetings as required.
- Liaison with other Raiders Hockey coaches in the Association to develop long-term program development.
St. Albert Minor Hockey Association is an equal opportunity organization. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all coaches. If you are interested in this volunteer role, please complete the coach application form prior to August 10th.
Only those being considered for the volunteer position will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you - VP Raiders Hockey