St. Albert Minor Hockey is excited to welcome players, parents, coaches and spectators back to the rink this month. Due to the current provincial state of public health emergency, the Alberta Government recently introduced temporary health measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
SAMHA and the Raiders Hockey Club programs utilize facilities throughout the region. We will continue to adhere to the facility policies set by these regional partners to support these recent measures.
City of St. Albert UPDATE, September 22nd
What are the restrictions for under 18? Do youth need to provide vaccination proof?
As announced by Dr. Hinshaw on September 20, youth under 18 who are participating in a sport, recreation or performance activity will not be required to provide proof of vaccination at City recreational or cultural facilities.
Youth under 18 who are observing a sport, recreation or performance activity will be required to provide proof of vaccination at City recreational or cultural facilities.
City of St. Albert Announcement, September 17th, 8pm
The City of St. Albert is implementing the Restriction Exemption Program (REP) in City-owned recreation facilities effective September 20.
City of St. Albert Restrictions Exemption Program
There will be check in points inside recreation facility doors whereby people 12 and over must show one of the following:
- Proof of vaccination
- Partial vaccination (one dose) accepted between September 20 to October 25 – if received two weeks before entry
- Full vaccination (two doses) required after October 25
- Proof of privately paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of service (tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories not allowed)
- Documentation of a medical exemption
The Restrictions Exemption Program will be in place for as long as the Province mandates this.
If you have any questions please contact the City of St. Albert.
City of Edmonton Announcement, September 17th, 1pm
Effective Monday September 20th, anyone using a public City of Edmonton facility or service will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a recent negative test result.
If you have any questions please contact City of Edmonton.
Canadian Forces Morale & Welfare Services September 17th, 11am
Garrison Twin Arena
Due to the new government restriction, starting Monday 20th at 1201 am (Sunday Midnight) the following regulations will be in place.
- The only entrance and exit to the facility is through the West lobby door.
- All patrons MUST show proof of vaccination, or negative COVID test within 72 hours, in order to enter the facility.
- Masks MUST be worn while traversing through the building,
HOCKEY ALBERTA & HOCKEY CANADA
SAMHA continues to work with our governing bodies, Hockey Alberta and Hockey Canada, to ensure our return to play is supported and safe. Hockey Alberta recently shared a season plan that outlines the minimum standards for Hockey Alberta’s Members to undertake hockey activities this season.
SAMHA COVID STATEMENT
St. Albert Minor Hockey Association (SAMHA) may have to modify or suspend our programs due to circumstances beyond our control. This would include, but is not limited to:
- Directives from local, provincial, or federal governments or corresponding health authorities;
- An outbreak of COVID-19 within the SAMHA community (players, families, arena staff, external service providers, etc.);
- Changes in rules, regulations, insurance coverage and other issues by our governing hockey bodies;
- Ice facilities becoming unusable temporarily or permanently due to COVID-19 related closures, fires, mechanical failure, labour disruption or weather-related events
SAMHA will make every effort to mitigate the impact of any of the circumstances above if they arise. If it is necessary to suspend, reduce, or change our programming we will endeavour to provide refunds to the extent we are able. If it is necessary to shorten the season, we will provide a pro-rated refund based on the amount of hockey played less any fixed operational costs of the Association.