SAMHA – Technical Director
St. Albert Minor Hockey Association (SAMHA) is one of the largest minor hockey associations in Western Canada. SAMHA is a community-focused association that supports hockey programming for a wide variety of members. SAMHA is committed to improving the experience and development of players in all streams of play.
St. Albert Minor Hockey Association is looking for a hockey professional with extensive experience to guide and support the development of our coaches and players. The Technical Director’s role is to lead, organize and administer the technical aspects of coach and player development. The Technical Director will collaborate with the SAMHA Player/Coach Development Committee.
Responsible to: Executive Director, Board of Directors, Membership
Term of office: Part-time, 1-year contract
Time Commitment: 10-20 hours per week (varies throughout the year)
Scope of Duties Include: program development, program delivery, coach development, and some day-to-day hockey operations.
- Coordinate and assist in coach recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Oversee the development and ongoing maintenance of SAMHA Player Development program, aligning with Hockey Canada and Hockey Alberta guidelines.
- Provide in-person coach mentorship support, and be a resource to coaches.
- Develop resources for coaches to access on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating specialized development projects, seminars, camps and workshops
- Attend Board meetings as required.
- Liaising with sport governing bodies and hockey organizations as required.
All applicants should be very driven and bring energy, passion, and engagement to all aspects of their work.
- Strong understanding of Hockey Canada’s Long-Term Player Development (LTPD) and Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) models.
- A minimum of Development 1 Hockey Canada coaching certificate, plus 5-year experience coaching players under the age of 18.
- Strong knowledge of Hockey Alberta's structure, development programs, and delivery structure will be considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work effectively with volunteers
- Have a balanced understanding of the needs of all players in the association.
- Manages conflict situations appropriately and professionally.
- Excellent social and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to delegate effectively.
Past experience as Technical Director would be considered an asset.
Please send your application to Jane Sedo, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).