Female hockey

Image (10)

Alberta currently has close to 8,000 females participating in hockey and female hockey is currently one of the fastest-growing sports in the province.

Whether your daughter is just starting out or has been playing for a number of years - there are a number of great opportunities for her to become involved in female hockey.




You will require:

HOCKEY CANADA-HOCKEY ID: You will need your player's Hockey Canada ID#. How to locate your Hockey Canada ID#

EMAIL ADDRESS: The email address that you list as the player's email will be used as our main point of contact email for your family. All communication will be sent to this email address. Please don’t use an address that isn’t monitored daily. If you have used Team Snap in past seasons, use the same email address to register.


Female players who would like to play in SAMHA, but do not reside within the defined boundary, are eligible to register. Prior to registering, players must obtain a signed Minor Hockey Player Movement Form from their home association and email it to registrar@samha.ca to initiate the transfer.


If you have recently moved within the St. Albert Minor Hockey Association draw zone, you must complete the Hockey Alberta  Parent Declaration form.

Proof of residency is mandatory. Please include registrar@samha.ca on the Parent Declaration form; this ensures we receive notice of your intention to transfer to SAMHA. We will send an email confirming that we have received the required documents and initiate your transfer.

PROOF OF RESIDENCY:  A document with your name and residential address within our boundary zone. For example, drivers license, utility bill etc. If required, additional documentation may be requested.

SAMHA Boundary MAP



If you are new to hockey, you must take the ” Respect In Sport - Parent Edition (RIS)” online course before you can register online.

RESPECT IN SPORT: The fee for this course is $12.00.  This course expires after 4 years. Families that do not have this course will be unable to register online. Please ensure you select St Albert Minor Hockey Association as your home association. If you have completed Respect In Sport in another sport, you can transfer your certificate to SAMHA. Learn more.

BIRTH CERTIFICATE: A Birth Certificate or Passport is required to verify age.

PROOF OF RESIDENCY:  A document with your name and residential address within our boundary zone. For example, drivers license, utility bill etc.



SAMHA will do our best to make accommodations for players and their families, however, we are unable to guarantee that we can fulfill all requests.

Please note, the request must be reciprocated by the other family to be considered.

Placement Request Form

Esso Fun Day