The St. Albert Minor Hockey Association AGM will be held on June 12th, 7pm at the St. Albert Curling Club located at 3 Tache. This meeting will be streamed online via zoom.
Please register to attend.
- May 28, 2022 - Deadline to submit Bylaw Amendments
- May 22, 2022 - Agenda posted online
- June 2, 2022 - Nomination Deadline
- June 7, 2022 - Accepted nominations posted online
- June 12, 2022 - Annual General Meeting at 7pm in-person and via Zoom
SAMHA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
ST. ALBERT MINOR HOCKEY ASSOCIATION – CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The St. Albert Minor Hockey Association (SAMHA) is seeking interested candidates for nine (9) Director at Large positions on its Board of Directors. Nomination deadline is JUNE 2nd, 2022.
St. Albert Minor Hockey Association (SAMHA) is comprised of approximately 1800 youth players and over 700 volunteers. Initially formed in 1980, SAMHA has grown to be one of the largest minor hockey associations in Western Canada.
Our program consists of a strong base of community hockey, supplemental development opportunities and participation in the highest level of elite programs through the St. Albert Raiders Hockey Club.
SAMHA has a dedicated community of volunteers that support minor hockey on and off the ice. We strive to deliver a full range of hockey programs to enhance the abilities of participants at all levels.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Board of Directors is focused on being a diverse group comprised of individuals with a variety of skill sets and experiences. For 2022, candidates are being sought to fill the nine available positions. Criteria to be considered by the Nominations Committee for each candidate include:
- Experience collaborating with large groups and works effectively with others
- Comfortable and knowledgeable working in an MS-based environment (i.e. Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Prior minor sports volunteer experience would be considered an asset
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to exercise discretion, good judgement and solid decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills are needed to interact with staff, coaches, parents, players
In addition, in accordance with SAMHA bylaws, all nominees:
- Must be a member in good standing under article 2.02, with the exception of 2.02 e
- Must not have been found to be of unsound mind by a Court in Canada or elsewhere
- Can provide a police check confirmation acceptable to the Board of Directors
- Resides within St Albert Minor Hockey Association boundary map, as defined by Hockey Alberta
- Shall not have any current sanctions/discipline against them
Any nomination that does not meet the above criteria must go through the current board for approval
WHAT IS THE COMMITMENT?
The Board holds monthly meetings during evening hours throughout the year. Board members are also expected to participate on various committees of the Board and to be available by phone or email as needed.
We are seeking candidates from all age categories and streams of play. To learn more about the role requirements, please contact Shannon Maisano, Chair of the Nominations Committee – firstname.lastname@example.org